The Boys & Girls Clubs of America was founded in 1860 in Connecticut to give local boys a positive alternative to the streets. Over the years, that Club turned into a national movement reaching a membership of over four million boys and girls, making it one of the largest youth serving agencies in the United States.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County joined the national organization in 1965 and have grown along with the movement. We now have 13 facilities with a membership of over 13,000 youth, making us one of the largest Boys & Girls Club organizations in the nation.
We are a nonprofit 501(C)(3) private agency. We rely on funding raised by our Board of Directors, Women’s Divisions, special events, general donations, corporate sponsors, foundation support, endowments, and the Broward County government.